To ensure pick-up please follow these procedures:
- Tree limbs exceeding four inches in diameter must be shorter than four feet.
- Leaves do not need to be bagged, but if you bag them do not tie the bag.
- Ensure yard debris is free of paper, metal, and plastic. These items can be placed in one pile.
- Vegetative and non-vegetative trash must be separated
- All furniture items and miscellaneous debris may be mixed, metal removed.
- Tires must be separated from rims.
- Any items that are capable of fitting in a 96-gallon trash container will not be picked up, such as leaves, grass clippings, small furniture items / toys, cardboard, etc.
- Place all trash near the street on the city right of way abutting your property.
- Trash shall not be placed in a drainage ditch or near any drainage structure to prevent items from entering the city’s stormwater system.
- Ensure that no trash is placed directly against fences, mailboxes, and vehicles or under utility lines, low limbs, or irrigation lines.
- Appliances should be in a separate pile, doors and Freon removed. A current certification decal must be placed on all appliances containing Freon, certifying that Freon has been removed.
A drop-off point for aluminum recycling is located behind Public Works on Omoko Street.
Hazardous items will not be accepted (i.e., paint cans, batteries, oil, propane, fluorescent light bulbs, etc.) These may be saved for Bay County amnesty days.
Contractor Generated Items
These provisions do not cover contractor generated trash or debris.
For additional information or questions please contact the Public Works Department at (850) 871-1033.