6601 E. Hwy. 22
Ph: (850) 871-1033
The Stormwater Division is a special service department that provides stormwater management. The purpose is to alleviate flooding and to improve water quality in our lakes, ponds, and bay.
National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System
Mandated by Congress under the EPA’s Clean Water Act, the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Stormwater Program is a comprehensive national program for addressing polluted storm water runoff.
The City of Callaway is regulated under that program and must develop and follow a storm water quality management plan to operate its storm sewer system. The plan is based on six different types of activities:
- Public Education and Outreach
- Public Involvement and Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Runoff Control
- Post-Construction Stormwater Management
- Improving Municipal Operations
- University of Florida: The University of Florida Bay County Cooperative Extension Services offers a course on Environmental Horticulture that educates homeowners on best management practices to improve quality of stormwater runoff.
- United States Environmental Protection Agency:
For questions on program or to report a construction drainage issue, contact Justin Hodges at (850) 871-1033.